NEED TO ARRANGE SHIPPING FROM CHINA?
- All types of shipment
- Worldwide shipping from China
- Any industry, any amount of cargo
- FCL, LCL, Amazon FBA shipping from China
Sourcingwise will gladly arrange the most suitable type of shipping for your products from China. We offer many shipment options, as well as additional pre-shipment services.
Air freight shipping from China is perfect for express shipments that are not too large. The cargo will not be shipped by air if it is not loadable on board of the aircraft. This may be due to size, gross weight restrictions, or hazardous products. We will arrange your sir freight as quickly as you need. You will receive your products within 5-7 days, or even faster.
Sea freight shipping from China is primarily for mass shipments, and those that are not time-sensitive. Sea freight may be cheaper than air freight, but shipping may take up to a month. This is a reliable type of shipment from China, and we will help you set it up. We will also help you with cargo insurance. Sea freight from China will take your shipment across the ocean to the USA, Canada, Africa, and many other places.
Rail freight shipping from China is another fast option. It is useful to ship goods across land. You can ship your product from China to Russia, Europe, India, and more. Rail freight takes half the time as sea freight does, and it is good for mass shipments. Sourcingwise will arrange the most optimal rail shipping route, schedule, and more.
Truck freight shipping from China may be combined with other types of shipment. For example, you may need a truck to move your goods from a sea port to your warehouse that is farther inland. Also, truck shipping is good for shipments within China or to areas close-by. Truck freight is good for small shipments. This is a versatile type of shipment that helps support your primary means of shipping from China.
FCL shipping from China stands for Full Container Load. This means that the entire container houses only your products, or only 1 type of product. FCL shipping is great for sea and rail freight—when you have mass production in China. FCL shipments ensure that your goods do not get lost or broken along the way. Sourcingwise will arrange an efficient FCL shipment for your products.
LCL shipments from China have their own advantages. It means Less than Container Load. They are perfect for smaller shipments or consolidated shipping from China. Here, 1 container holds products of several manufacturers or importers. Such shipments are great for air freight, and they are also cheaper than FCL shipping. If you are just starting out as a product importer from China, LCL shipping is ideal for you.
Sourcingwise will professionally ship your goods from China to an Amazon FBA warehouse. Wholesale shipping to an Amazon fulfilment centre is a profitable business, so Sourcingwise is ready to arrange everything for you. We will also deal with FNSKU labelling, carton labels, proper packaging, and more. Everything to comply with Amazon’s requirements to skyrocket your import shipping from China.
Fraquently Asked Question
Shipping times really depend on the type of freight and your destination.
Usually, shipping to the US from China takes 5-10 days by air, and 30-40 days by sea.
Contact us and we will be able to give you more accurate estimates.
This also depends on a few things. But, here is a rough outline:
- Factory to port transportation: $40-$500
- China export clearance: $100-$300
- Shipping: $600-$3000
- Cargo insurance: 0.2% from 1.1 x cargo value
- Port charges: $100-$500
- US customs bond: $100-$200
- Other expenses
Your final cost would depend on cargo weight, value, the proximity of your destination, and more.
Of course, we can set up your shipping from China with a courier company. Usually, UPS is the most common courier for imports from China, but DHL and FedEx would also work.
Sourcingwise is your professional agent in China, and we will arrange and help you with many things. We can advise you on Incoterms as well. The most common Incoterm in China is FOB, or Free-On-Board. This includes the transportation of your goods from the factory to the port of destination, with all the export procedures legally required. However, from the port of import, your goods are your responsibility.
Yes, you will be able to track all your shipments, and their progress. We will communicate with you on the status of your import and the state of your products.
Taxes vary depending on your product and the country you are importing into. For example, if you want to ship wristwatches from China, import duties in the EU would be 4.5%, but in the USA, it would be 9.8%. At the same time, solar panels have 0% import taxes in both the EU and the US.
Moreover, products imported into the EU from China are subject to the Value Added Tax (VAT).
Some additional duties for US imports include Merchandise Processing Fee and Harbor Maintenance Fee.
Import fees in Canada may even depend on a given province.
As you can see, taxes are complex, so contact us for more information.
Any other question?
Examples of Industries We Can Arrange Shipping From China For
Whether you are planning to ship decorated or rugged wristwatches, Sourcingwise will help arrange your shipment. We will tell you tax rates, packaging requirements, arrange the method of shipment, and optimize the route. Your delivery will be timely and secure. We can set up sea freight or express air freight from China for your business.
Sourcingwise will take care of your sports equipment import from China. Dumbbells, sport apparel, yoga mats, and resistance bands are some of the products we can ship from China for you. If you have your own brand, FCL or LCL shipment will be great options for you. Our professionals will ensure secure shipment from China.
We can help you ship bags, backpacks, purses, and more from China. We will help you with Incoterms, as well as arranging a suitable shipment method. Factory-to-port shipping, as well as door-to-door shipments will all be under our care. Your bags from China will surely skyrocket your business after we optimize your shipping routes from China.
Do you want to import educational toys, action figures, or soft plushies, Sourcingwise will set up the right shipment for you. We will ensure compliance with packaging regulations, safe container loading, customs clearance, and timely arrival. Shipping from China with Soucringwise will reduce your shipping risks, as well as ensure professional handling.
Home decor includes lamps, picture frames, vases, flower pots, carpets, trolleys, and more. This is a broad category that you can express yourself in. We will happily help you arrange shipping from China for your wholesale or designer home decor items. We will overlook packaging, rail freight, sea freight, and even Amazon FBA shipping from China.
Sourcingwise will not only help you source the best bedding, but we will also arrange shipping from China. Everything from sheets, duvet covers, quilts, to pillow sets can be shipped with our services. This means that we can support your wholesale bedding Amazon FBA shipment from China, as well as truck freight to your warehouse.
Do you need to ship jewelry from China? Precious metals, gems, plastic, leather, wood, and other jewelry will be carefully handled with our professional supervision. We will also help you insure your valuable cargo to protect against theft and other challenges. We make shipping from China easy and reliable.
Clothes production is a large industry in China and the rest of the world. All sorts of clothing and apparel is imported worldwide from China. This is why Sourcingwise will gladly help you arrange and optimize shipping from China. We will set up your FCL sea freight or LCL express air freight quickly and efficiently. And, our timelines will always keep your clothes warehouse in stock.
Also called dinnerware, tableware is whatever people use to set up their meals. This may include plates, bowls, spoons, knives. However, this may be more culture-specific as well—such as chopsticks. Sourcingwise will ensure that the packaging and loading of your products is proper, especially if they are fragile. Let’s advance your business with professional shipping from China.
Stationery includes various office supplies like scissors, markers, pens, tape, notebooks, and such. Whether you are an Amazon wholesaler or a small company, we will arrange the best shipping method for you. We will also set up door-to-door shipping with courier services like DHL and UPS. All to help your stationery business grow. Shipping from China with us is easy.
Shipping From China To Advance Your Business
Do you want to ship your goods from China? Is there anything you are worried about?
Sourcingwise is here to help you!
We will arrange everything for your shipment for a small commission. This includes customs clearance, documentation, Incoterms, pre-shipping services, insurance, shipping method, tracking, and more.
Our professional agents will recommend the most suitable shipping method based on your products, their amount, their value, your budget, and your timelines.
Some common shipping methods from China are air freight, sea freight, rail freight, and truck freight. Your products can be organized into FCL shipments or consolidated LCL shipments.
Naturally, we can also set up Amazon FBA shipping from China. And don’t forget the courier services and door-to-door shipping!
Door-to-door shipping from China may be expensive, but it is also effective for small businesses.
Air freight is the most expensive, while other shipment methods range depending on the distance to your destination. Similarly, LCL shipments tend to be cheaper than FCL shipments from China.
Also, large mass production is better shipped with FCL sea freight. Meanwhile, smaller shipments are optimal as LCL freight.
Sourcingwise will make sure that your documents are in order, including the most suitable Incoterms and insurance. Insurance is especially useful for valuable cargo, but it also may be a requirement. Additionally, we help many of our clients with customs clearance.
Import duties are another big challenge for brands shipping from China. We can help sort out all the taxes and duties for your products. Tariffs depend on how much you are shipping, where you are shipping to, and what you are shipping from China. We are ready to help you sort all this out.
We work with all sorts of companies and industries. This means that if you’ve got an idea, chances are that we can help you.
Our shipping from China arrangements will optimize the workflow, inventory fill-up, and delivery schedule. Of course, still keeping in mind your products and your budget.
Country-specific regulations are also something that we can check.
In terms of the actual shipment, we can set up a few things.
We can arrange for your products to get picked up from the manufacturer and delivered to a warehouse for pre-shipment processing. If you need, we can let you use our warehouse space for 14 days.
Then, we can arrange for the shipment method—plane, ship, rail, etc. We can supervise delivery to the airport or port, as well as container loading.
Your goods will be taken care of. If you need, we can arrange delivery from your destination port to your local warehouse as well.
We offer you these services for a genuine commission of 5-10%. Our business thrives on trust, so we will keep a transparent relationship with you.
Contact us today, and we’ll arrange the best shipping from China for you!
Shipping from China: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
I know shipping from China can be an overwhelming process without the right information.
That’s why this guide will answer all questions you have been asking about shipping from China.
From goods you can ship from China, best shipping methods and what the law requires.
Basically, by the end of this guide, you will become an expert in this field.
Let’s dive right in.
- What Type of Products can I Ship from China?
- How does the Shipping Process from China Work?
- How do I Find Products and Suppliers when Shipping from China?
- What are the Benefits of Shipping from China?
- What are the Main Export Destinations from China?
- Any Tips to Work with a China Sourcing Agent to get the Best Results?
- What are the Average Lead-times when Shipping from China?
- What are the Factors that Affect Shipping Time from China?
- How much does Shipping from China Cost?
- When do Shipping Costs Arise?
- What is Customs Clearance when Shipping from China?
- How many types of Customs Clearance are there when shipping from China?
- What are Export and Import Duties and Taxes when Shipping from China?
- How do I find HS Code and applicable Import Duty for my Products from China?
- How do I Calculate Duties and Taxes when Shipping from China?
- Do I need a Customs Broker when Shipping from China?
- How do I Find a Capable China Customs Clearance Agent?
- What is the Difference between Customs Agent and a Forwarding Agent for Shipping from China?
- How many Types of Customs Control are there?
- Is Cargo Insurance necessary when Shipping from China?
- When is a General Average for Cargo Insurance from China?
- What is the Average Cost of Cargo Insurance when shipping from China?
- Don’t Carriers Reimburse Shippers for Damage and Loss when Shipping from China?
- Can I let my Freight Forwarder arrange Cargo Insurance?
- How do I choose a Marine Cargo Insurer?
- How do I Obtain Cargo Insurance for my Shipments from China?
- Must I Place Insurance through an Insurance Agent or Broker when Shipping from China?
- What are Incoterms when shipping from China?
- What are the best Incoterms for Shipping from China?
- Do Incoterms Dictate who is Responsible for Insurance when Shipping from China?
- Do I need to Obtain Insurance Only when I’m Responsible for Providing Insurance?
- What are the chances that anything will happen to my Shipments from China?
- What effect do Incoterms have on my Shipping from China?
- What is the Difference between Air Cargo and Courier Cargo from China?
- What is the Minimum Weight of Air Cargo?
- How do I Calculate the Cost of Air Shipping from China?
- Which Companies provide Air freight and Express Shipping services from China?
- Is it easy to Dropship Products from China?
- What is the Difference between Alibaba and Aliexpress?
- How does Shipping from Alibaba and Aliexpress Work?
- What is Multimodal Transport for Shipping from China?
- What is the difference between Door to door and Port-to-Port delivery when chipping from China?
- How do I get Competitive Product Prices from China?
- What Documents are required for Freight from China?
- What Rules and Regulations Govern Shipping from China?
- What types of Shipping Vessels are used for Shipping from China?
- What is Dangerous Goods Shipping?
- How is Dangerous Goods Classified?
- Are Dangerous Goods the same as HAZMAT?
- Who Regulates Dangerous Goods Shipping from China?
- What is Freight Consolidation?
- How does Consolidated Shipping from China Work?
- When and why should I Consider Sea Freight from China?
- What are the Available Ocean Shipping Modes from China?
- What is the Difference Between Bulk Cargo and Break Bulk Cargo Shipping from China?
- What are the Sea Freight Rates from China?
- Which are the Top Ports for Exporting Goods from China?
- What is the difference between FCL Sea Freight and LCL Sea Freight?
- Is Consolidated Shipping the same as LCL shipping?
- What are the Risks of Ocean Shipping from China?
- What are the Top Ocean Shipping Companies from China?
- What are the Guidelines for Selecting Air vs. Sea vs. Express Freight from China?
- How does Rail Freight from China work?
- Are there Goods Storage Facilities in China?
- What is a Free Warehouse when Shipping from China?
- What is a Customs Warehouse and how does it function?
- What is Bulk Cargo Shipping and how does it Work?
- How do I Track my Shipments from China?
- How do I Ship Goods from China to Amazon Fulfilment Center (FBA)?
- What are the Cheapest Times to Ship from China?
- What are the best Export Packaging Practices when Shipping from China?
- When should I avoid Shipping from China and Why?
- How do I keep down Costs and Shipping Time from China?
- How do I make payments to Suppliers and Service Providers when Shipping from China?
What Type of Products can I Ship from China?
China being a leader in the global scale when it comes to manufacturing, there is little to no limitations when it comes to items you can ship from China.
You can ship anything and everything you want at very competitive prices.
This explains why most importers choose to import from China owing to the numerous benefits that it impacts on their business.
Some of the products you can ship from China are not limited to;
Products on Alibaba
- Computers and laptops
- Home décor
- Mobile phones and accessories
- Outdoors travel equipment
- Kitchen supplies
How does the Shipping Process from China Work?
Process of shipping from China
Shipping from China might end up being quite exhausting and costly more so if you’re an amateur in this business.
Factors such as language barriers, unplanned delays, long transit times and fluctuating costs can make your shipping process difficult.
So really, you need to make proper plans before beginning your importation process.
- Know your rights as an importer. This mostly applies to large scale or commercial importers.
It is very important to be knowledgeable on the import rights which vary depending on the region you are from.
This will help you know what is required of you while importing your products and take the necessary actions.
- Decide on the type of goods you wish to import. The success of your business will also be determined by the products you choose to import.
Analyze and see if you would buy the product you intend to import.
Remember this will be a reflection of you and your business.
Do a thorough research and identify a profitable niche that has not been fully covered by many businesses.
- Confirm whether the goods you wish to import are allowed into your country.
Some goods have restrictions while others are illegal and therefore failure to confirm legality of your products can result in huge complications later.
Here are some of the products you should avoid;
- Alcoholic drinks
- Animal products
- Fresh produce eg. Vegetables and fruits
- Flammable fabrics
- Tobacco products
- Gold and silver
- Identify your supplier and order your products. Find your suitable supplier and shipping terms place your order.
Remember to request a proforma invoice.
It provides extra details about your products such as weight, price per item, product description, and terms of purchase.
Let your supplier know that you have trust in them as this will ensure that they carefully look after your production.
As you do this, ensure that your supplier accepts FOB shipping terms. This will greatly minimize your costs.
It’s important to place your order early enough more so if you plan to ship via water freight. 3 months before your delivery would be an ideal timing.
- Prepare for your goods transportation.
Ensure that you clearly know the costs to be incurred which include; packaging, broker fees, container fee, and terminal handling among others.
Choosing a good freight forwarder will make your shipping process much easier.
Not only will you enjoy smooth transportation of your cargo but also affordable costs for your shipping process.
- Track your goods and receive your shipment. You will be notified about the progress of your cargo transportation as it nears to be delivered.
Once your cargo arrives at the port, your customs broker can clear them for you and they shall be ready for pick up.
Once you receive your cargo, contact your supplier and notify them that you have received the goods.
Let them know that you are yet to review them and you shall give feedback soon.
How do I Find Products and Suppliers when Shipping from China?
Finding products and suppliers shouldn’t be such a difficult task owing to the various resources available to aid in in this.
First, you can choose to work with a China sourcing agent who will take care of all your sourcing processes.
In addition to that, a China sourcing agent can easily identify a suitable supplier for your products.
What’s more, you will continue with your daily routines as your sourcing agent takes care of all these processes.
Alternatively, some importers opt to do all the sourcing work solely.
This might seem very tedious but if you are oriented in the import business it’s simpler.
I wouldn’t advocate for this if you are a newbie as you might end up spending more and get disappointed if things don’t go as desired.
YiWu Sourcing Agent
What are the Benefits of Shipping from China?
There are several benefits that come with shipping from China.
It’s these benefits that have geared several business owners and importers to import from China year in year out.
Here are some of the perks of shipping from China;
- Affordable products – Getting very affordable products is one of the major reasons why most importers choose China. In the Chinese market, you can buy products and sell them up to thrice the buying price or more.
- Quality products – You can ship quality products from China as long as you work with reliable partners or have adequate orientation of the market.
- Unique products – Chinese manufacturers are known to produce unique items thanks to the ever-evolving technology trends.
They ensure that they keep up with the current trends to come up with unique items that offer functionality is simple ways.
- Customization – Most if not all Chinese manufacturers are always willing to produce your products based on your tastes and preferences.
This makes it easier for you to create unique designs for your products.
- Variety – With hundreds of thousands of manufacturers across China, expect to find a variety of products of diverse kinds. China is the leading manufacturing hub globally and therefore you can purchase almost anything you want from China.
- Competition – Factors such as affordability, uniqueness and customization of products help you to successfully compete with other businesses.
- Higher profits – Owing to the lower prices of products, importers end up having a larger share of the profits from their business.
What are the Main Export Destinations from China?
Some of the main export destination from China are not limited to;
- United states
- Hong Kong
- United Kingdom
- South Korea
Any Tips to Work with a China Sourcing Agent to get the Best Results?
Having a reliable sourcing agent by your side is one factor every importer should consider when importing from China.
A good choice of your sourcing agent might be the determinant factor on whether your importation processes will run smoothly.
That said, here are some tips to implement when working with a China sourcing agent to achieve best results;
- Show them that you trust them -Letting your sourcing agent know that you trust their work gears them to performing their best to meet your expectations.
Never show them that you don’t trust them even when you really have no full trust in them.
- Make it clear to them about your specifications for your products. Failure to do this might result in wrong outcomes.
- In addition to that, ensure that your sourcing agents know that you don’t tolerate sub-standard products.
Let it be known to them that you will not whatsoever accept compromised products. This will make them pay more attention to your products and get the best in the market.
- Always ensure that you request for the sample before placing any order.
- Don’t get too low when it comes to pricing. Keep in mind that you get what you pay for and so does it apply when sourcing your products.
One good thing about Chinese sourcing agent is that some can be very cheap.
If you happen to come across a sourcing agent offering very lower prices as compared to others take it as a red flag.
You better spend some more coins and get better products and quality services.
What are the Average Lead-times when Shipping from China?
Averagely, shipping time from China ranges from a few days to more than a month.
I have a guide here that will take you through all the shipping time from China.
What are the Factors that Affect Shipping Time from China?
Delays are a part of shipping and sometimes they can occur unexpectedly.
This is just one among the following factors that might affect the shipping-time from China.
- Customs clearance – Your goods might be delayed owing to incorrect documentation presented at the customs.
- Bad weather– Bad weather might prevent the ship from leaving the port or it might force the vessel to skip a port of call.
- Congestion at the port is normally brought by presence of more containers than the available resources. This is mostly evident when approaching the Chinese New Year.
How much does Shipping from China Cost?
Cost of shipping from China
The costs of shipping from China will vary due to several factors.
The type of goods, distance, size of cargo, and your business associates are some of the factors that can determine how much you will spend on shipping.
That said, shipping to different countries will cost differently. For instance, the cost of sea freight shipping a container to the United States will range from $3000-$3900.
It is important to have proper planning in place before beginning your shipping process.
When do Shipping Costs Arise?
Before commencing your shipping process, ensure that you have adequate knowledge on the costs you are going to incur.
Shipping from China might end up being costly if not taken care of well.
Shipping costs will arise in the following stages;
- Custom clearance
- Transportation from the factory to the port
- Insurance of your cargo
- Transportation from the destination port to your final address.
- Port fees at the destination port
- Cost of freight
- Document delivery cost
What is Customs Clearance when Shipping from China?
Custom clearance refers to the official authorization for goods to be shipped from a certain port of origin to the port of destination.
Alternatively, custom clearance refers to a document that confirms that duties have been cleared and the goods are ready for shipping.
How many types of Customs Clearance are there when shipping from China?
There are four types of customs clearance when shipping from China.
- Sea freight custom clearance – Entails clearance of cargo at the sea ports.
- Air freight customs clearance – Involves clearing cargo for export at the airports.
- Rail freight custom clearance – This entails clearing cargo at the
Borders connected with international railway lines.
- Express freight custom clearance – This applies when shipping with international couriers.
What are Export and Import Duties and Taxes when Shipping from China?
Export duties are indirect taxes imposed on goods that are leaving China while import duties are tax on goods that are entering China.
How do I find HS Code and applicable Import Duty for my Products from China?
HS Code breakdown
Finding the HS code for products you are importing from China has been made easy thanks to the multiple online searching tools.
You can easily search on platforms such as the official website of China customs. While doing your search, seek to find a description that closely matches your product.
Customs officials will inform you the applicable import duty for your products from China. This is decoded after assessing the HS code as well as the value of your cargo.
How do I Calculate Duties and Taxes when Shipping from China?
The method used to calculate Taxes and duties when shipping from China is based on the HS code and the declared value of your products.
Some of the taxes you will be required to pay are not limited to; consumer law, customs duty, and value added tax.
Do I need a Customs Broker when Shipping from China?
There is no rule that you must work with a custom broker when shipping from China. Nevertheless, several importers choose to use custom brokers to aid in efficient importation of goods without delays.
How do I Find a Capable China Customs Clearance Agent?
There are various ways to identify a suitable custom clearance agent for your cargo. Below are some of them;
- Websites such as Alibaba provide options on various custom clearance agents available.
- Do your research on platforms such as Google.
- Attend trade fairs and Expos as this are events occasioned by several business people in the supply chain.
- You can as well utilize social media platforms such as Linked In, Facebook, Twitter among others to find your customs clearance agent.
- Visit China and locate your ideal customs clearance agent.
What is the Difference between Customs Agent and a Forwarding Agent for Shipping from China?
A forwarding agent is responsible for all matters. Regarding transportation of your goods.
This includes finding appropriate routes to use, hiring transport, selecting the ideal packaging and ensuring your goods have storage.
On the other hand, a customs agent takes care of all the clearance logistics and clearance of goods during shipment. They control the flow of goods into and out of the country.
How many Types of Customs Control are there?
There are three types of custom control namely;
- Physical control of cargo
- No control
- Document control
Is Cargo Insurance necessary when Shipping from China?
Insuring your cargo is important in order to prevent your cargo against any unforeseen loss or damage. However, it is not mandatory.
When is a General Average for Cargo Insurance from China?
A general average for cargo insurance happens when there is an unexpected loss of goods at sea.
In such an instance, the owners of the surviving cargo are obligated to pay the owners who have lost their cargo. The losses are shared by these two parties making it both beneficial and disappointing for buyers.
Cargo insurance policy
What is the Average Cost of Cargo Insurance when shipping from China?
The cost of cargo insurance will range from as low as $400 to as much as $1800 per year.
With a standalone cargo insurance policy, the costs will range from $35 to$150 per month.
When using a courier company in China, the cost will be $60 for every $100 of your cargo insured value.
Don’t Carriers Reimburse Shippers for Damage and Loss when Shipping from China?
Carriers will not be responsible for any loss or damage unless it occurs as a result of their own actions while the goods are still in their care.
Can I let my Freight Forwarder arrange Cargo Insurance?
Yes, you can allow your freight forwarder to arrange cargo insurance for you.
Keep in mind that it is not mandatory for the freight forwarder to take care of your cargo insurance.
How do I choose a Marine Cargo Insurer?
There are several marine cargo insurers and selecting one that well suits your needs might be a challenge.
To make your selection easier, below are some factors to look out for during your search.
- Experience- Select a marine cargo insurer with adequate experience in the industry.
- Ensure that the insurer offers the specific type of service that you need.
- Go through reviews by previous clients to get more information about the insurer.
How do I Obtain Cargo Insurance for my Shipments from China?
There are insurance companies that specifically deal in selling cargo insurance. The easiest way to identify these companies is through;
- Searching on Google
- Seek to find recommendations from your carrier company. This would be the ideal method since the carrier is aware of your cargo specifications.
Must I Place Insurance through an Insurance Agent or Broker when Shipping from China?
The only difference between this two is that an insurance agent works for a company while a broker worked for the buyer.
That said, if you want to save money, settling for an insurance broker would be the ideal choice to make.
Additionally, brokers offer a wide range of options from different insurers to choose from.
All in all, both are good it’s the experience that matters most.
What are Incoterms when shipping from China?
International commercial terms otherwise referred to as incoterms are rules that provide exclusive description of the terms of international trade.
They are characterized by first three letters which are used to represent the applicable trade rules.
Incoterms specifies the responsibilities of buyers and sellers in regards to payments, documentation, custom clearance and, insurance just to mention a few.
What are the best Incoterms for Shipping from China?
Do Incoterms Dictate who is Responsible for Insurance when Shipping from China?
Do I need to Obtain Insurance Only when I’m Responsible for Providing Insurance?
To be on the safer side, it’s important to always have insurance whether or not you’re responsible for providing insurance.
What are the chances that anything will happen to my Shipments from China?
When importing from China, you need to be prepared for any unforeseen problems by assessing the risks at hand.
The truth of the matter is that you will never be sure whether or not your shipment will flow smoothly.
Therefore, doing proper preparations will go a long way towards avoiding certain risk factors.
What effect do Incoterms have on my Shipping from China?
Incoterms play a huge role in the supply chain when shipping your goods from China.
Not only will incoterms define your responsibilities but also the extent to which costs and risks are directed to the buyer.
What is the Difference between Air Cargo and Courier Cargo from China?
Air cargo and courier cargo differ in the following ways;
- When shipping using a courier service, your goods will be considered as a postal package. This is mostly applicable for small shipments. Courier companies include; DHL, TNT, and FedEx among others.
On the other hand, if you decide to use a forwarding company or logistics, you will be guaranteed enough security to carry out your procedure. However, the processes involved are more diverse and might need professional assistance.
What is the Minimum Weight of Air Cargo?
45 kg is the minimum weight of air cargo. Air cargo is ideal when shipping small amounts of goods over long distances.
How do I Calculate the Cost of Air Shipping from China?
The simplest way to calculate the cost of air shipping from China is by using a shipping calculator.
Main airports in China
Some of the leading air shipping ports from China are not limited to;
- Shanghai Pudong International
- Hong Kong International
- Guangzhou Baiyun International
- Beijing capital international
- Shenzhen International
Which Companies provide Air freight and Express Shipping services from China?
Companies such as DHL, TNT, FedEx, China Post, EMS, SF Express, Hong Kong Post, and UPS are known to provide air freight and express shipping services from China.
Is it easy to Dropship Products from China?
Yes, it is.
Sites such as AliExpress has made dropshipping products from China easier and the good news is that you don’t need any starting capital.
Well, apart from the domain fee, you are set to commence your dropshipping business right after your site is ready!
What is the Difference between Alibaba and Aliexpress?
Alibaba is used by big businesses to make bulk purchases with goods having a minimum order quantity.
Afterwards, AliExpress was created to accommodate “small” buyers without the need of MOQ on goods.
Using Alibaba puts you in a better position to have your products customized as compared to AliExpress where products are ready made.
In terms of pricing, it is cheaper to buy in Alibaba as opposed to AliExpress when making bulk purchases. Remember, the more you buyer the larger the discounts you get.
How does Shipping from Alibaba and Aliexpress Work?
The first step is deciding on the product niche you want to focus on by doing proper market research.
Afterwards, you need to settle on the best way to source your products. Whether you want to dropship, do direct wholesale, or come up with a private branding you have to decide.
Having done that, you now have platforms such as Alibaba and AliExpress to source for your products.
These two sites have hundreds of thousands of products and that’s why deciding on your ideal product should be one of the first things to consider before your purchase.
Search and select your preferred supplier and contact them. Discuss with your supplier what you want and request for a sample product especially if you are making bulk purchases.
Ensure that you carefully analyze your sample product and confirm that it meets your specifications.
Place your order and wait for your goods to be delivered in a few weeks. Upon receiving them, carefully do some inspection and confirm that every detail is as ordered.
Contact your supplier on Alibaba or AliExpress and let them know that you received your goods.
What is Multimodal Transport for Shipping from China?
A multimodal transport includes all the three main modes of transport i.e. Air, road, and rail transport.
By using a multimodal transport, your goods will need to use all these three modes in order to be delivered to you.
What is the difference between Door to door and Port-to-Port delivery when chipping from China?
The major difference between these two types of shipping is that door-to-door delivery includes other additional services such as;
- Transportation services from the warehouse to the port.
- Transportation from the port of delivery to your end destination.
On the other hand, port-to-port delivery only focuses on transporting goods from one port of origin to the port of destination.
How do I get Competitive Product Prices from China?
When working with reliable people after doing a thorough research, getting competitive product prices shouldn’t be a hassle.
Here are some tricks for you to buy your products at the best prices;
- Buy in bulk and get huge discounts.
- Buy directly from the factory.
- Practice the art of bargaining for each purchase that you make.
- Make use of sourcing agents as they might hugely save on your sourcing costs. Sourcing agents have established networks which helps them to effectively negotiate on prices for your products.
What Documents are required for Freight from China?
When shipping from China, you will need to have freight documents at hand to aid in the custom clearance process and smooth shipping of your cargo.
Such documents are not limited to;
- Bill of lading
- Certificate of manufacturer
- Inspection certificate
- Certificate of origin
- Insurance certificate
- Commercial invoice
- Import license
- Shippers letter of instruction
- Packing list
What Rules and Regulations Govern Shipping from China?
Before commencing your shipping, it is quite important to understand the existing Rules and regulations pertaining to your shipment.
For instance, there are three classifications of goods; restricted, permitted, and prohibited. You are not allowed to import certain goods from China while some have restrictions. Meaning, you can import them under certain terms.
Nevertheless, this shouldn’t worry you as most goods are permitted for importation from China.
Additionally, all applicable taxes must be paid when shipping from China.
What types of Shipping Vessels are used for Shipping from China?
Some of the shipping vessels used when shipping from China are not limited to;
- Container ships – Transports cargo in different containers.
- Bulk carrier ships – Used to transport dry cargo in bulk which normally lacks proper packaging.
- Tanker ships –Used to ship large amount of liquid cargo.
- Roll-on Roll-off ships -Used to transport wheeled cargo
What is Dangerous Goods Shipping?
Dangerous goods shipping refers to transportation of products that can pose health risks, environmental risks, or safety risks.
How is Dangerous Goods Classified?
Classification of HAZMAT
Dangerous goods are classified into 9 categories namely;
- Flammable liquids
- Oxidizing substances
- Radioactive substances
- Flammable gasses
- Toxic and infectious substances
- Flammable solids
- Miscellaneous dangerous goods
Are Dangerous Goods the same as HAZMAT?
No, they are not. However, they are almost similar.
HAZMAT otherwise referred to as hazardous materials are classified based on the health effects they have whether long-term or immediate.
On the other hand, dangerous goods are classified based on their instant chemical or physical effects.
Such effects range from explosion, poisoning, corrosion, fire, or effects to the surrounding environment and people.
Who Regulates Dangerous Goods Shipping from China?
Dangerous goods are regulated by different bodies based on the mode of transportation.
For instance, transportation of dangerous goods by air is regulated by ICAO while RID regulates transportation of dangerous goods by rail.
On the other hand transporting dangerous goods by road is regulated by ADR while sea transportation is regulated by the International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG).
What is Freight Consolidation?
Freight consolidation entails combining different shipments from different importers into a single unit and transporting them to their destination port.
Once the shipment arrives, they are deconsolidated and transported to their specific final destinations.
How does Consolidated Shipping from China Work?
Once your goods are sourced, they will be transported to a warehouse of your choice.
It is in this warehouse where consolidation will take place.
After the consolidation process is done, your freight forwarder will confirm the quality of your goods and pack them according to your preferences.
The different shipments from different shippers are afterwards combined into a single shipping container for transportation.
Once they arrive at the destination port, they are deconsolidated.
When and why should I Consider Sea Freight from China?
You should consider sea freight shipping when transporting bulky goods over long distances. Not only is sea freight shipping cost effective but also reliable when shipping large amounts of cargo.
What are the Available Ocean Shipping Modes from China?
Some of the ocean shipping modes available in China are not limited to;
RoRo shipping- Otherwise known as Roll-on Roll-off shipping, RoRo shipping is characterized by how your cargo is loaded or unloaded from a shipping vessel.
In this case, your goods will be rolled on the ship when loading and rolled off the ship when unloading.
- Dry van shipping –With dry van shipping, there is no controlled temperatures or a flatbed trailer. A dry van trailer is used to ship dry goods that are non-perishable.
- OOG shipping (Out of Gauge) -Just as the name implies this type of shipping involves cargo that has measurement that exceed the size of the container.
The measurements are out of gauge. If the measurements of the cargo exceed 40HC container dimension then it will require this mode of ocean shipping.
- Reefer shipping – “Reefer is a term used in shipping to refer to ships and containers that have refrigeration.
In such type of shipping, temperatures are controlled to suit the perishable products being transported.
What is the Difference Between Bulk Cargo and Break Bulk Cargo Shipping from China?
Bulk cargo refers to shipping goods that are transported unpackaged. An example of such is shipping unpacked maize grains in a container.
On the other hand, break bulk cargo is shipped while packaged in boxes, barrels, bags, or crates among others. Such cargo is packaged as opposed to bulk cargo.
What are the Sea Freight Rates from China?
When shipping goods via the sea, you are bound to pay around 50 cents per kilogram.
Expect your shipment to take long owing to the slower speed of sea freight. 30-40 days on average.
Also, keep in mind that the costs will depend on the size of your shipment.
For instance, shipping a 40ft container will have a cost range from $1500 to $2200.
The rates will also be determined by distance covered as well as the nature of cargo being transported.
Cargo that require special care will cost higher as compared to normal cargo.
Which are the Top Ports for Exporting Goods from China?
China being the leader when it comes to manufacturing, expect several imports and exports activities being carried out.
This equates to presence of several ports to manage all the import-export activities.
Some of the top ports for exporting goods from China are not limited to;
Main sea ports in China
- Hong Kong port
- Shanghai port
- Ningbo port
- Shenzhen port
- Guangzhou port
- Dalian port
- Qingdao port
What is the difference between FCL Sea Freight and LCL Sea Freight?
Full container load shipping comprises of shipment that is solely owned while LCL sea freight includes shipments from different importers.
In LCL shipping the shipments from different importers are combined together to fill a single container and transported as a single entity after which they are deconsolidated at the port of destination.
Is Consolidated Shipping the same as LCL shipping?
In as much as these two terms appear to imply similar definitions, they are somehow different. Here is how;
Once the consolidator receives different individual LCL shipments from different shippers he or she combines them to fill a single container. This is referred to as consolidation.
After the container arrives at the destination, the full container load is deconsolidated into their original LCL shipments.
From the above definition, you can easily tell that these two terms pretty much compliment each other even though they are slightly different.
FCL vs LCL
What are the Risks of Ocean Shipping from China?
In as much as we have heard of the several good news that come with shipping from China, it’s not always a walk in the park.
To have a successful shipping business from China there is much more involved.
Here are some of the risks that you should be prepared of when shipping from China;
- Cons – Just like any saturated market, you should be prepared of encountering cons during your sourcing and shipping process.
That’s why it is advisable to conduct proper research on who you intend to work with before realizing the actual business.
- Lost or damaged goods – The slogan here is “hope for the best but prepare for the worst”.
That said, losing your goods is one of the unavoidable circumstances that you cannot control.
That is why I normally advocate for procuring a good insurance for your cargo to help ease the adverse effects caused by such challenges.
- Delays – Delays are a common problem that you should be prepared for.
What are the Top Ocean Shipping Companies from China?
COSCO Shipping Lane
Some of the top and famous ocean shipping companies from China are not limited to;
- Evergreen Marine Corp
- Yang Ming marine Transport Corp
- Wan Hai Lines
Other shipping companies you might be interested in that are not based in China include;
- CMA CGM Group
- Mediterranean SHG
What are the Guidelines for Selecting Air vs. Sea vs. Express Freight from China?
Importers will have different reasons for choosing their modes of transport from China.
You need to select a mode that best suites your needs and sometimes this might be challenging.
Below are some guidelines to consider when selecting your mode of transport.
- Air freight would be ideal when shipping goods that cost 15-20% less than the total value of goods.
A weight calculator will help you know whether your light shipment qualifies to be charged by dimensional or actual weight.
- Use air freight if you want a faster and safer delivery. However, you need to remember that this means is the most expensive of them all.
- You don’t want to transport your hazardous cargo via air transport owing to the very strict rules and regulations enacted.
- If you want to get better value for your bulk shipment, sea freight would be the ideal option to select.
- Sea freight is however not as fast as air freight and you should be prepared for any delays which are often caused at the customs.
- Express shipping is ideal when shipping goods that weight less than 500kg and are time sensitive.
How does Rail Freight from China work?
Rail freight is mostly applied if you are planning to transport bulky goods but also want a faster delivery as compared to sea freight.
All you have to do is identify a reliable freight forwarder that deals with rail freight. Keep in mind that not all freight forwarders offer rail freight options.
When working with a freight forwarder you need not to worry about how your cargo will being shipped as they take care of everything until you receive your goods.
Once you have selected your preferred shipping preferences your freight forwarder will ship your cargo based on that.
Are there Goods Storage Facilities in China?
Yes, there are several warehouses in China that offers storage services for goods. Additionally, your freight forwarding agent should provide such services for your goods at no additional costs.
What is a Free Warehouse when Shipping from China?
Most of the freight forwarding companies offer free China warehouse services for their clients up to a limited time frame.
For instance, your forwarder might offer you 28 days free warehouse services for your goods as they await shipment.
Once this period lapses, you will be required to pay for the warehouse service.
What is a Customs Warehouse and how does it function?
A custom warehouse provides companies with storage services for their imported goods without payment of import taxes and duties.
The owner of the goods chooses when to pay the duties. You need to seek authorization from the customs to use customs warehouses.
The period should not exceed 12 months and before the 12-month period, your goods can be released after legal payment of duties.
If the cargo is not released within this 12 month period, they risk to be resold , auctioned or fortified to the state to recover the duty.
What is Bulk Cargo Shipping and how does it Work?
Bulk cargo refers to transportation of goods that lack packaging and are being transported in huge metal containers on-deck.
The cargo is loaded into the ship using a crane and unloaded into tracks then shipped to the final destination.
How do I Track my Shipments from China?
Input your tracking number in the tracking website e.g. China Post tracking and it shall provide you details of the state of your cargo.
Other tracking websites include; sao.cn, and Parcel app.
How do I Ship Goods from China to Amazon Fulfilment Center (FBA)?
Choosing to ship your goods directly to Amazon FBA from China is the fastest method.
Alternatively, you can use a middle man who will inspect your goods and afterwards ship to Amazon FBA.
This ensures that your goods are in line with Amazon’s specifications.
What are the Cheapest Times to Ship from China?
From August, the shipping rates tend to increase consistently all through to the last few months of the year.
It’s at this period that all businesses want their stocks ready owing to the festivities.
Any time before this period is cheaper to ship from China.
What are the best Export Packaging Practices when Shipping from China?
Here are some of the practices to consider when packaging your export from China.
- Package perishables under controlled temperature.
- Ensure that you indicate on the packaging if your goods are fragile or dangerous.
- Make sure that your products are well packaged to prevent them from being stolen easily. High value and small Items such as watches are the target.
- When marking your goods on the packaging, avoid the use of red or orange as these colors are specifically meant for dangerous goods.
When should I avoid Shipping from China and Why?
If you can, avoid shipping from China during Chinese New Year or peak seasons. The peak season starts from August to the end of the year.
Shipping during such period not only leads to delays but also high costs of products.
How do I keep down Costs and Shipping Time from China?
- Choose the ideal mode of transportation for your goods.
- Avoid air freight when not needed.
- Always bargain on the items you intend to purchase.
- Buying your items in bulk will guarantee you large discounts on your products.
- Purchase your products directly from the factory as opposed to retailers.
- Practice consolidation of goods
How do I make payments to Suppliers and Service Providers when Shipping from China?
Chinese suppliers accept several payment methods not excluding;
- Credit cards
- Telegraphic transfer
- Letter of credit
- Western union
- Online escrow
At SourcingWise, we will handle all your shipping needs from China.
We will guide you during product inspection, choosing suitable shipping container, help you get secure China warehouse, handle customs clearance and supervise loading.
Our team ensures your goods reach destination at the right time.
Contact us now for all your shipping from China needs.